Since we unveiled our Centaur IWB holster last year, our customers have fallen in love with the "claw" we added to aid in concealment. So many of you asked for that feature on our other holsters, but we couldn't make it work with their existing designs. Instead, we've come up with something so much better: a brand new holster that offers ultimate concealment.
The Gryphon is our Ultimate Light-Bearing Inside the Waistband (IWB) holster, and it's ideal for carrying in any position inside the waistband.
In Greek mythology, the gryphon was a legendary creature with the body, tail, and back legs of a lion; the head and wings of an eagle; and an eagle’s talons as its front feet. Because the lion was traditionally considered the king of beasts, and the eagle the king of birds, the gryphon was thought to be the king of all creatures. It was also known for guarding treasure and priceless possessions.
Our Gryphon holster is so named for several reasons: the two belt clips on the front of the holster are said to resemble the talons of a gryphon; the detachable claw on the left side of the holster aids in concealment, making it the king of all the IWB holsters we offer; and this concealment claw helps hide the fact that you’re carrying, protecting the most priceless possession of all: your life.
- It's molded to fit a specific handgun model with a particular rail-mounted light, such as a TLR-1 or Inforce APL; your handgun and light will only fit in the holster that is designed specifically for it. Furthermore, if you do not have a weapon-mounted light on your handgun, this is NOT the holster for you - Please view our Apollo IWB holster instead. The Gryphon will not function properly without a weapon-mounted light attached
- It comes with adjustable retention to ensure it has the exact amount of retention you need, and comes standard with two 1.5" appendix clips, which most belts will fit through. There is also the option to select two 1.75" clips during checkout. Both clips have several predrilled holes on them, which allows for adjustable ride height.
- It comes standard with two 1.5” appendix clips to fasten the holster to your belt. The clips hook onto your belt, and offer the ideal amount of stability.
- The concealment claw on the left side of the holster rests against the back side of your belt, forcing the grip of the gun further into the body than normal (vice versa if you're left handed). This is something that most customers need to get used to, as it can be uncomfortable at first. Therefore, the concealment claw is detachable, in case you decide it’s something you’d rather do without.
- This holster is made from one piece of Kydex, strategically molded around the gun and rail-mounted light, and fastened together with quality hardware.
- The holster can be customized in your choice of 33 different colors or patterns. Click here to view color options.